Export of a KML file in repeatable groups

Good morning all,
I have a form made up of repeatable tables. in order to quickly view my points on my tablet I would like to export a KML file.

as the X and Y values ​​are in a repeatable group the kml and even the CSV are empty (exports only the first sheet of the file).

Do you have a solution ?

thank you so much

Julien

Hi @julien,

Welcome to the community! Would you mind sharing your user name and the project name in a private message so that we could have a look at our end if this is possible.

Have a great day!

Hi Kal, and everyone,
I have a same probleme. The KML seems empty. :confused:
I use a lot of geoquestions, it would be very usefull if a extract my data in KML.
Do you have resolve this? and how?

Thanks!

Welcome to the community @Samuel1! Have you had a chance to look at the post discussed previously (it should solve your issue):

Hi Kal,
Thank you for this post and your answer.
However, I do not have problems with the manipulation on kobo.
I manage to download the kml file but it arrives empty (1ko)…

Could it be because of the fact that it is part of a repeat group?

Otherwise, it is clear that through xls or csv, it is possible to access these data. But this will require more data processing. In fact, I have developed these forms for people less experienced in text spatial coordinate processing, especially for lines (or geotrace).
Extracting it directly in KML would be a precious time saving.

Thanks a lot,
S.

Can you confirm that your survey project has some data in it. Sometimes, you may also see it empty when there are no submissions.

Yes it have some submissions. Not much for the moment, but there are.
Thks,

OK, could you also let us know the question type that you have used in your survey project for the kml data?

There are geotrace and geopoint
In addition, the visualization does not seem to work within form>Data>Map ( I’ve submissions and geodata)

Yes, at the moment you are not able to visualize geotrace data to a map. Would you mind sharing the following through a private message so that we could have a closer look at it:

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server

It’s seems I can’t send you à private/personnal message…

“Sorry, you cannot send a personal message to that user.”

You should now be able to send a PM. But please refresh your page first.

I don’t see any geotrace question type in your xlsform …

So this should be the issue that is affecting your kml download.

Hi Kal_Lam
The problem persists with me.
that comes from group of questions

Welcome back to the community @julien! Would you also mind sharing with us the following through a private message:

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server

Again having a look at your other survey project i see geotrace question type in it:

But unfortunately, i don’t see any data in your server:

This maybe due to the fact that the data were not collected properly by the device. If they were captured properly by the device it would have reached safely to the server.

Hi @julien,

I don’t see any geotrace question in your xlsform:

So this is the reason why you are not able to download kml data.

I don’t understand because the data appears on my kobo account right here… I have nine submissions on the form in question.

Maybe there is a problem with full access to the data on your side?

Hi @Samuel1,

Would you mind checking the data (from geotrace) within the DATA>Table corresponding to the variable name where your geotrace question lies.

Yes, like you can see below

I have data and geodatas

1 Like