Exporting data to Database

Hi,
I am using kobotoolbox API, and I would like to know how can I export the data to a Database? I would also like to read that data in the app later on.

Kind Regards.

1 Like

Hi @DeniseM,

Welcome to the community! Would you mind explaining your issue in detail so that the community is able to better understand and provide an appropriate response.

Have a great day!

Hi @DeniseM
In the meantime, as you respond to the request for more information by @Kal_Lam, I would like to suggest that you also refer to this article

Stephane

1 Like

Hi @Kal_Lam,
Thank you for the welcome!
So, I would like to export the data from every submission into a database and then be able to display that data to a specific user. Currently if I want to view the data from the submissions I have to choose a user and can only see the submissions of that specified user.

Hi @DeniseM,

Could you also specify the database you wish to export?

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam

I wish to export all the submissions to a SQL database.

Regards.

Hi @DeniseM
Just confirming if you were able to do this. Also please note that there are multiple systems that use structured query language. You need to be very specific and check which one you meant. You should also note that the system should support the use of API’s to import data into it for this to work.

Stephane

1 Like

Also possible to use Kobo’s REST services and publish the data as JSON to an iPaaS (like OpenFn) which then converts the submissions to the desired format and loads them into your DB—we commonly integrate Kobo with DBs such as Postgres, MSSql, and MySql, each using a different adaptor on the platform.

2 Likes