Is there a way to link my Kobo form to feed my SQL database?

I new to Kobotool but I really wanted to know if I can feed my SQL database with the data I am collecting using kobo. If I understand kobo collect the data and put it in a giant excel sheet. Then the person who collected the data have no access to the data he collected anymore in case he wanted to edit some. Kindly give me some idea on this.

1 Like

Hi Biniam
Yes basically when the person collects data and submits the data you are not able to send it back to the person to edit it; the editing has to be done before the data is submitted. This is in the standard procedure for using KOBO. However there are different interfaces for submission of data that you can look at that allows for submission via clouding linkages while still using KOBO. KOBO does not however offer support on systems that are third party and as such does not offer guarantee that the systems will work.

On your main question of whether you can use SQL, the question is not clear as to what you exactly want to do. Please indicate what is it that you are trying to do and then I or any other enthusiast may be able to answer your queries.

Regard

Stephen Aloo

KOBO and ODK Contributor

+254721260024

···

On Feb 2, 2015, at 11:48 AM, Biniam Berhanu bya...@gmail.com wrote:

I new to Kobotool but I really wanted to know if I can feed my SQL database with the data I am collecting using kobo. If I understand kobo collect the data and put it in a giant excel sheet. Then the person who collected the data have no access to the data he collected anymore in case he wanted to edit some. Kindly give me some idea on this.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hello,
Yes, there are ways to link my kobo to feed my self database.
Please go through this below link: https://groups.google.com/g/kobo-users/c/0ABbOQxhfuM?pli=1 It might help you.

If anyone wants to learn SQL Server Online Training, let me know, I will guide you.

Thanks & Regards,
Anita

1 Like

Hello Anita
Thanks for explanations above I need to learn SQL Server, please guide me.

Hi @sara_7500
You may need to do self learning from other sources since this is beyond the scope of the intended purpose of the community forum.

Stephane

2 Likes

Hello am sorry for my late reply, but someone may need this. yes it possible to do this.
By using the REST API of Kobo, it creates a POST request which can then be used with MS Flow to trigger a set of action. Like updating data into a SQL

Need of practice? I am available

+243 970580585

KOBO Contributors; Laurent

2 Likes

Hi, I have a project on the Cobo form I want to use if asp.net so I need to link to SQL server and thank you for helping me

Welcome back to the community, @rizgar1999! Maybe you could do the same using the OpenFn as outlined in the post discussed previously:

1 Like