Why does it take longer time or fail to add users to our form even when the user has a registered and confirmed account?
Hi @Aus7yne, unfortunately this is often server load dependent. The situation is compounded the more users the form is shared with.
Hi @Josh, is there a solution to this or what can we do?
@Josh it was working perfectly before until recently we started getting this error and users already added can’t submit their filled surveys as they get this error:
Hi @Aus7yne, this is a troubling issue but let’s continue with that discussion here:
A solution to work around the current slowness with large permission assignments is to clone your project (multiple times, if needed) and assign smaller batches of users to each clone. You can then combine the exported data in post-processing.
For projects with many shared users, there have been cases of users losing some of their permissions when you make changes to the project’s permissions, even if for a different user or adding a new user. If this is the case, can I ask that you please do the following:
- if someone can’t submit, stop! don’t change any permission settings, and make sure no one else on your team does either.
- download both the KPI and KoBoCAT API output for the project, including the permission assignments*
- send it to us
- go ahead with attempting to fix the issue by reassigning permissions
We will be looking into better ways of managing permissions on our end to mitigate this, but I can’t promise a timeline for the fix.
I’ll go ahead and create copy of the project for different set of users.
Can you share with me a link to documentation on kpi and kobocat api…