Failed to delete submissions

Hi when in table view, attempting to delete submissions, I’m receiving the message “failed to delete submissions”. Is this a known bug or should I be doing something else to delete these? Thanks, Kevin

Welcome back to the community, @livingcollections! Could you also let us know the server you are on?

Hi Kal_Lam, apologies for the delay Iʻve been on vacation. We are on the non-humanitarian server kf.kobotoolbox.org. Mahalo for any advice

Are you still having the issue? If yes, please feel free to reach us back.

Hi. Yes we are still encountering the inability to delete issue. This affects both the inability to delete in the API as well as manually in table view. Thanks again for any help you can provide

Hi @livingcollections, can you please send me a private message with the following:

• username
  • project name
  • submission ids you are wanting to delete

Hi @livingcollections, as mentioned in the private message, this has now been resolved. Thank you for your patience while I sorted it out :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello team, good morning

I am facing the same problem, but now the errors looks like this:

• Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0

Welcome to the community, @nsg_facilitadores! Could you explain your issue a bit (when do you see this error message)? Could you also share with the community a screenshot of the same? This should help the community to troubleshoot your issue.

Hi @nsg_facilitadores,

If I remember correctly our issue was resolved with the advice of core team member @Josh by migrating to API V2 and sending / editing the parameters of the delete request to the endpoints. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Aloha, Kevin

1 Like

@Kal_Lam I have this problem, I could not find a solution yet in the forum. I am attempting to delete an entry but I keep getting the message “failed to delete submission”. I am observing the entry is still available. Some are deleted.

Hi @pborona, can you please send me the following in a private message so that I can investigate. It’s likely the same issue as the other users, in which case it’s a quick fix on the backend to sync the submissions.

• server (humanitarian/non-humanitarian)
  • username
  • project name or UID
1 Like

Hi Josh,

As required here are the credentials;

Server: non-humanitarian
Username: xxxxxxx
Project name: Household data collection

Let me know whether the credentials are correct.

Additionally:

The ID is; Index 197.

Hi @pborona, the issue should now be resolved for this project :+1:

1 Like

Hi @Josh Well received and noted, the deletion. Many thanks for the assistance.

2 Likes