Failed to execute 'evaluate' on 'XPathEvaluator': parameter 2 is not of type 'Node'

Hello everyone!

I am getting the following error when opening submission* to edit.

"Loading Error

Error occured during the loading of this form. We do not recommend you edit this record until this is resolved.

FormLogicError: Could not evaluate: …/DM11 = ‘1’, message: Failed to execute ‘evaluate’ on ‘XPathEvaluator’: parameter 2 is not of type ‘Node’."

I cannot understand what the error means so that I may resolve it.

@aedas_falnesio, could you also let us know the server you are using? In addition, have you validated your XLSForm through this online validator to see if there are any syntax issues?

Humanitarian Response server.

Yes, it only shows warnings that some repeat groups have no labels.

May I send you the form privately?* I am having a hard time understanding what may be the problem. I feel like it has to do with the “relevant” column being within a repeat group, although everything works fine when opening and sending submissions.

In relation to the “relevant” column I was using questionNAme = ‘choiceName’.
Before this and* now again after this I am using selected(indexed-repeat(${questionNAme},${repeatGroupName}, position(…)), “choiceName”).

Now it shows me the following error:
“FormLogicError: Could not evaluate: position(…), message: Failed to execute ‘evaluate’ on ‘XPathEvaluator’: parameter 2 is not of type ‘Node’.”

It indeed was something related to the “relevant” column. Once everything in the column was deleted the problem was resolved.

1 Like

@aedas_falnesio, :clap: :heart: :partying_face:

Is this a Node type repeating? Check the correct syntax and references for your indexed-repeat expression.

Do you use nested repeats here? See a hint from @Josh: XLS export failed - #22 by Josh.

1 Like