Failure to get new form on tablet after updating the survey in Kobo ToolBox

@rgitangaza, so it seems that the issue was with your device. Maybe doing one of the following will help you solve your issue then:

• Check out the date and time of the device. Sometimes if the same is distorted it would not be able to work as expected.
  • The second option is to do a factory reset. Maybe it will help you reset your device to the original factory setting which should solve the issue.

I think the circled in blue is the problem because it is not showing up on devices that were never used for this project and showing up on the ones we used before for this specific project. How do I get rid of that?

I did the factory reset of the devices that weren’t working but it is still not working. Tried using my phone, and still not working.

No, that should not be the issue. Did you check the date and time of your device? Besides, would you also mind checking if your device has both ODK Collect android app and KoBoCollect android app? If yes, could you keep one of them and uninstall the other one you are not using? Maybe this should solve your issue.

The maximum number of time I have to reply in a day has been reached, that’s why I am reaching in personal message. I just checked, the device did not have ODK Collect. So, I downloaded it and tried to get blank form, and the same issue persisted. I installed ODK Collect, and uninstalled Kobo Collect, still same issue.

@rgitangaza, you should now be able to post in public. If the issue still persists, please refresh your page.

By the way could you let us know the device name, model and the OS your device use. It should give us some clue on what is hindering you from being able to pull a blank form to your device.

I hope the image above will give you enough info on the device

OK, as a final try would you try this approach then:

https://kc.humanitarianresponse.info/your_username

Your username should be gotit. Delete all that is entered under the Username and the Password. Let us know if this works out well.

Applied this on one device with ODK Collect and on another one with Kobo Collect, but it doesn’t work

@rgitangaza, I could pull the blank forms to my device without any issue with the configuration I shared earlier:

So, kindly please be informed that it’s not an account issue, but instead, it’s an issue related to your device. Maybe you will need to repair it.

This is strange to me now. Attached is a screenshot of my phone, it can’t get the blank form same as all other tablets that have been used previously for this project.

Sorry, my process was a bit incomplete. I had actually not pressed the Get Selected button. When I press the same, I get the same error message at my end too.

As a quick check, could you download your xlsform and then validate it with this online validator to see if there are any syntax issues there?

See what I found. The online validator shows that my xlsform contains errors. How do I remedy this? Then my question is how comes it works on some devices and not on others?

Would you mind having a closer look at your xlsform debug it?

Any guidance please?

The easy approach is to select the variable name that has issues in the online validator and then check them in your xlsform. But please note, you will have to screen them manually.

Hi @rgitangaza

The first point in the guidance is to check and ensure that you are following all the instructions that we have published around designing forms in XLS. You should also be able to look at issues around your form as specified above. I must indicate that this is purely an issue with you coding your form wrongly and not a system issue. As it is, we really encourage you to take a step back and go through the support articles

Stephane

1 Like

Thanks for your inputs. Something that I pointed out earlier with @Kal_Lam and that I would like to come back to is: why is it working perfectly on new devices but not on old ones (the ones I used previously on the same project)?

@rgitangaza, would you be able to share your xlsform with the community? Maybe the community would be able to look at it to see what is affecting this.

XLSform.xlsx (22.8 KB)

1 Like

@rgitangaza, would you mind checking the expression used in F6 i.e., ${Consent_Icyemezo_Do_you_agr} = 'yes___yego' or ${currently_working_chili} = 'yes___yego' or ${currently_working_chili} = 'no__but_i_worked_with_get_it_when_they_s' or ${currently_working_chili} = 'no__but_i_will_work_with_get_it_when_the'?

Here you are trying to use an expression for a group but the variable you are trying to use here is from within a group `${currently_working_chili}’ (which is not allowed). Fix this and you should solve your issue.