Fill in automatically

Hi,

I am wondering if we could let Kobo fill in answer automatically. For example, in question 1, we asked what is your relationship with household head. The answer could be 1=head (himself), 2=spouse, and 3=children. Then, we asked a series of questions related to respondent such as age, sex, education. Then, another section, we asked information of household head such as age, sex, education and so on. I am wonder if the respondent is head, could be make the series of questions about household head to be filled automatically like the respondent as we don’t want it to skip.

I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Phearun

Welcome to the community @Phearun! Filling a question while collecting data is possible. Have you gone through some of our workarounds that has been discussed in the community (it should help you solve your issue):

You could also have a look at this workaround:

And also maybe this one here:

Hi @Kal_Lam,

Thanks for your swift responds. I have been figuring it out. But, I cannot. The problem is my question links to two different questions.

You may have a look in my excel file . what i want is that if q13=1, then the answer of q17 equal to the answer of q10, and the answer of q20 equal to the answer of q12.

Hope to here from you again soon. Thanks

How to auto select_1.xlsx (10.9 KB)

Maybe you could try it out as outlined in the image below:

In the survey tab of your xlsform:

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo:

Reference xlsform:

How to auto select_1.xlsx (10.9 KB)

1 Like

Thank you so much. It works great on my form.

2 Likes