Filter data according to the name of filed!

I have a problem with data filtering in KoBo tables as question (type = select one) depend on "if the name contain … " not on “the whole value” and not on its label
for example:
i have “select one” question, choices labels are unique but its name are sequential names, after collecting data i found when i filter this column will not be completely accurate
i.e. choices are as follow:
names : con 1 , con 11 , con 12
labels: Rany , Ahmad , John
If i filter data column by selecting Rany for example, all the other data related to Ahmad and John will appear because their names contain “1” !!!

1 Like

Hello,
The KoBo behaviour seems to be contains (not equals). You may have a look at a previous posting, incl. a github link
https://community.kobotoolbox.org/t/filter-appears-to-be-a-sub-string-match-rather-then-the-exact-match/12347.

But maybe @Kal_Lam can say how a complex condition can be entered in the KoBo filter cell. With an &not condition you might be able to limit the search further.

1 Like

@hazem_118, could you also share with us a screenshot of your issue? Maybe this should help us understand your issue pictorially.

Data - table :

Excel - choices :

1 Like

@hazem_118, this is very clear now. Could you share with me the following through a private message so that we could now have a closer look at your case:

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server