Forgot admin password in KoboCollect

Dear friends,
Can I ask a favor,
I forgot my admin password on the kobocollect that I installed.
I’ve tried to uninstall and then reinstall the kobocollect application, but the application still asks to enter the previous admin password, so I can’t do the settings. How to reset it back to factory default.
Thank you for the help.

Welcome back to the community, @Iwan! Maybe you could do the following:

• Backup your data from the device.
  • Factory reset the device (not your app).
  • This should now clean all the apps and settings that were present in your device and allow you to start afresh with the device.

Thanks a lot @Kal_Lam. Very strong protection. :grinning:

1 Like

Hello @Iwan,
As far as I remember, we managed to unistall (incl. password) with device App manager and install ODK Collect again (without password, as default). We did NOT need to reset the whole device.

1 Like

This should be very helpful @wroos :heart:

Thanks @wroos I’ll try…

1 Like

Hi @wroos,
I forgot my admin password in my KOBO Collect android app. I tried to reset/recover it by following your way through the device app manager. I did it by following steps from 1 to 5.

After uninstalling, when I installed it again from the play store, the problem still remains the same. Is there any other way to recover/reset my admin password without factory resetting my device? Many thanks in advance for your support.

@tasfik_rukan, maybe try deleting the KoboCollect folder manually from your device storage to see if this works if the traces of the KoboCollect folder is still there in the device.

Sorry, in our experience, unistall and download/re-install of ODK Collect app solved the problem.

• Do you have ODK and KoBo Collect on the same device?
  • Can you check if there is any KoBo/ODK folder left on the device after you uninstalled?
1 Like

Hello @Kal_Lam,
is this really possible? Even normal? … that there might still be KoBo data on a device after uninstalling the app?
This could cause relevant data protection issues.

• In addition to uninstall Collect app, what needs to be done exactly to make sure that all interview data are deleted from a device?

@wroos, I have not checked this personally (as I have never had this issue at my end), but as @tasfik_rukan was having issues, I advised him to check out if there are any leftover folders (traces) left in the device that could have caused this issue. Maybe @tasfik_rukan or our community should also be able to update the post here if there are any.

1 Like

@wroos @Kal_Lam,
many thanks for your support and time. Yes, I have both KOBO and ODK in my device. Fortunately, the problem is solved now. I tried to uninstall and reinstall three to four times. Then, on the last try, it did not ask for the admin password. I did not delete any KOBO folder or did not do anything else (reset factory setting, etc.). Sorry, if this explanation does not make sense.

1 Like

@tasfik_rukan, thank you for shairng this with the entire community! :clap: :heart: :partying_face: