Form save failed

Hi good team,
I am having a problem while saving the form. At the end of survey, when my enumerators click on save form and exit, it shows **"**Sorry, form save failed!: Index 0 requested, with a size of 0".

But, I can save this form successfully in my mobile. It is my enumerators who are having this problem. They are collecting data using Lenovo/Huawei Tab. Can anyone please help to sort out this problem? Your support will be highly appreciated.

Hello,
could you provide some more details, please:

• What happens on finalize? (Any error?)
  • Is the problem new? Could they save the enumerators save before?
  • Do all enumerators (with this device type) have this problem?
  • Can the same enumerator save a simple form?
  • What Android version(s) are you & the enumerator with the problem using?
  • What Collect version(s) are you & the enumerators using?
  • Which server are you using? OCHA?
1 Like

In addition to what @wroos has requested would you mind trying out the latest release of the KoBoCollect android app v1.27.3 that is availabe in the play store and see if it solves your issue. I guess, you are using the latest version of the KoBoCollect android app while your enumerator facing this issue should be using some older version of the KoBoCollect android app.

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Here is the answer to your queries:

What happens on finalize? (Any error?)
Ans: When finalize, it shows “Sorry, form save failed!: Index 0 requested, with a size of 0”.

Is the problem new? Could they save the enumerators save before?
Ans: Yes, this is kind of new problem. Actually, the survey form newly developed and was trying to implement on field after training. While testing during training, it functioned well. But, in the field, enumerators could save it.

Do all enumerators (with this device type) have this problem?
Ans: Yes, all enumerators were having same issue while trying to finalize.

Can the same enumerator save a simple form?
Ans: Yes, they can. Actually, they took part in surveys with Kobo form previously and they did good.

What Android version(s) are you & the enumerator with the problem using?
Ans: Android version 6.

What Collect version(s) are you & the enumerators using?
Ans: version of Kobo apps, then it is version v1.27.3

Which server are you using? OCHA?
Ans: Yes (kc.humanitarianresponse.info)

Hope this info will help you to sort out the problem. Thanks for your kind support and response.

Are you able to share your xlsform with the community? Maybe the community could test it at their end and see if it’s an issue with the design or if it’s an issue with the collect android app.

By the way, it seems that the enumerators are still not able to save the form. Are you able to save the form at your end?

Hi @Kal_Lam,
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I was able to save the form from my end. Please find the form here 'Camp Profiling-2020.xlsx (52.2 KB)
N.B: To continue the survey to meet the deadline, I downloaded “ODK Collect (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.odk.collect.android)” software. In this apps, the form works fine. Thanks.

That’s great! Good to know that you found out a solution that solved your issue. FYI, I just tested the same with the KoBoCollect android app and could save the form without any issue.

Oh. Then I think it is issue related to devices we are using. Thanks.

1 Like

Hello,

• Do these enumerators use the newest KoBoCollect version?
  • Since when are these data cases collected (there was a recent change on Android / Collect file location)?
  • Can you try out if these enumerators can download, use and save another simple form at the moment?
1 Like

i don’t find the latest kobocollect android app v1.27.3 you mentioned.
i have a problem like that sorry, form save failed index 0 requested . with a size of 0.

Welcome to the community @nayaung_kobo_2020! Which version of the KoBoCollect android app are you using? Aa an alternative you could also use the ODK Collect android app v1.28.4 which has a lot of bug fixed and should solve your issue.

1 Like

thank you for help.
i have solved it from your suggestion.

1 Like