Geopint get initialized after data is selected

Hello,
This is my first project and I adopted some really good advise and ideas from the community.
However I encounter a problem that i was’nt able to solve.
I use the geopoint type to enable users to see a location selected from a list or manually select a new location (if it is not on the list).
The problem is that in case the geopoint data is selected manually (from a map) then it is initialized whenever I try to “save form and exit”. In case I init the geopoint with the data from the list then I’m able to save it.

I uploaded the XLSFrom file.

Thanks in advance for any idea.

David.
Odonata - israel - v1.10.xlsx (19.3 KB)

Welcome to the community, @sgddk1! So are you collecting data through Collect android app? Could you also share the screenshot of what you are getting?

Hello @Kal_Lam
Thank you for your prompt reply.
Yes, I’m using KoBoCollect & Android.
This behavior cannot be reproduce via preview in kobotoolbox.
In the picture one can see that the geopoint has data and when clicking “save form and exit” it gets initialized and the “required=true” of the geopoint get triggered.

So you are able to load the GPS data but once your press Save Form and Exit, you see the error message seen in the screen shared below?

@Kal_Lam
Yes, correct.

Hello @Kal_Lam

I changed the xlsform and remove the calculation value from the geopoint and now it is OK.

the calculation that causing the problem is:
if(${alt_long}!="",${alt_long},"")
and it intend to init. the geoppoint to a known location selected by the user by previous “select_one locationnamelist” and fetching the latitude&longitude by:
instance(‘locationnamelist’)/root/item[name=${locationname}]/column_data

In case the user select “New location” then we expect him to go into the map and select a point.
At the end of the form (questionnaire) he will be asked to provide for “a new location name”.

Of course, I need both option working together…

best regards,
David