Getting a 'Couldn't load plugin' error message when downloading data exports

After I go to DATA, then DOWNLOADS, then EXPORT (using Select export type: XLS, and Value and header format: XMLvalues and headers), I try clicking on DOWNLOAD, but get the error message ‘Could’t load plugin’. I get the same problem when I try to export to a CSV format.

I’ve tried rebooting my Windows 10 PC, and clearing my History (except for cookies) from my Chrome browser, but that doesn’t help. I was once able to successfully perform the DOWNLOAD, but no longer.

Any ideas on how to get myself unstuck? Thanks.

Welcome to the community, @mortality_afn! Could you also share with us a screenshot of your issue? In addition, could you also let us know the server you are using?

Thanks for the quick response.

I confess that I don’t know what our “server” is, but will get an answer tomorrow.

Here’s a screenshot of my Export prep:

On the theory that the problem is with my browser (Chrome) I’ve tried to follow advice to disable general purpose solutions (update my Chrome components and disable Pepper Flash) to no avail.

Our server name is apparently “Researchers, Aid Workers & Everyone Else”.

Thanks!

1 Like

@mortality_afn, when looking at your screenshot, I don’t see any download error.

You are on top of this! When do you sleep?

Here’s a screenshot of the actual error message. I’d tried to send it with my last post, but as a newbie, was only able to send one attachment.

There isn’t much to it. I wonder if the Chrome developers could be talked into noting which plugin it is that couldn’t be found? Developers never have much to say when something goes wrong.

Thanks again,

Roger

2 Likes

Thank you for the screenshot @mortality_afn. Would you mind updating your browser to its latest version? Or, even try downloading your data in a different browser (using firefox, edge, etc.). If that does not work, please feel free to contact us.

1 Like

I installed Microsoft’s Edge browser and was able to Export, Download and open my survey files without issue. Thanks very much!

1 Like

Thank you for confirming @mortality_afn!