Getting Version in the Data

Hi,
Is there any metadata or something else through which i can get the version of form in the data to know in which version the user has collected the form.

There are basically 3 ways in which a user is able to identify the form version, which is as follows:

• The first option is by viewing the information displayed under the Current version which you should be able to view under FORM:

• The second option is when you download your survey project i.e. question as xlsform, you should be able to see the form version under the settings tab:

• The third option is when a user tries to fill data through Collect android app:

Hi,
I want to know in the data file in which version the data is collected. Suppose 2 versions has been deployed and some of the users has collected data in the first version then how would we come to know from the data file.

@khasaab, please be informed that the data, when downloaded, will always capture the latest version of the form that was deployed.

Hello,
You may also add a (readonly/hidden?) variable in your form design and manually set the version info when you deploy. This will make it available on case/record level.

1 Like

Hi wroos,
I know it can be done that way but it had to be changed every time you deploy suppose if you forgot to change it then. I thought is there any other way through which we can get it. Anyways thanks.

1 Like