Getting Version in the Data

Hi,
Is there any metadata or something else through which i can get the version of form in the data to know in which version the user has collected the form.

There are basically 3 ways in which a user is able to identify the form version, which is as follows:

• The first option is by viewing the information displayed under the Current version which you should be able to view under FORM:

• The second option is when you download your survey project i.e. question as xlsform, you should be able to see the form version under the settings tab:

• The third option is when a user tries to fill data through Collect android app:

Hi,
I want to know in the data file in which version the data is collected. Suppose 2 versions has been deployed and some of the users has collected data in the first version then how would we come to know from the data file.

@khasaab, please be informed that the data, when downloaded, will always capture the latest version of the form that was deployed.

Hello,
You may also add a (readonly/hidden?) variable in your form design and manually set the version info when you deploy. This will make it available on case/record level.

1 Like

Hi wroos,
I know it can be done that way but it had to be changed every time you deploy suppose if you forgot to change it then. I thought is there any other way through which we can get it. Anyways thanks.

1 Like

I too would like to see a method for tracking version number of submitted data that I have exported to .xlsx from KBT. I currently have the variable version with values ‘v5r6Tw5wBT6rWPVLenj9rA’ and ‘vM4HK44XfNFdkHsAEYMzbH’ that I would like to translate back to the form version number in the form view of history. I don’t see a way to do that. The history shows versions as ‘V12’, ‘V11’, etc. with modification dates. Is it possible to convert the alpha encoded version to the version numbers shown in the form history?