GPS collection breaking down when there are images in the form

Hello all,

I noticed a strange issue with my form. When I collect data in online mode (e.g. for single submission), the GPS collection fails when there is an image column in my form. While it still works in the browser version of Chrome, it does not collect the coordinates in Safari, and neither on mobile devices (either browser).

The problem does not seem to be with the settings on my devices because everything works just fine if I get rid of the image column.

Any idea what could be the problem? Thanks for your help!

Could you share the related part of your form, please?
Do you use the latest version of the browsers?

1 Like

@mb_ukr, maybe you will need to share the relevant part of your XLSForm as @wroos has suggested. By doing so, the community should be able to understand your issue.

GPS_check.xlsx (17.9 KB)

@wroos @Kal_Lam The form is attached. You will find the image columns in columns V, W and X of the survey tab. As soon as I delete those, everything works just fine.

I am using the latest versions of the browsers.

Could you also provide screenshots, please, what happens in Safari and mobile App and in Chrome.
What do you want to achieve with the image option here?

The purpose of adding an image is simply to have some visual guidance in some of the questions:

In my example the image is added to the GPS question itself. However, the problem persists as long as I have any images at all in any of my questions/notes.

The problem is that for some reason the GPS coordinates cannot be loaded, which makes it impossible to submit an answer.

Safari desktop:

Safari mobile:

Chrome mobile:

@Kal_Lam @wroos, any ideas?