Group of questions not appearing - maybe to do with Photo question?

I have a form with a repeating group of questions (n=5) that ends in an optional Photo question. When a photo is submitted, and I swipe left and select “add” to repeat the group of questions, the app returns a blank page. When I do not submit a photo (i.e. I skip the question), I do not get this problem - the group of questions appears after selecting “add”.

It sometimes also takes multiple attempts to take a photo and for it to appear as a response in the form.

I am using Kobo Collect v1.28.0 and a Huawei MediaPad T5 tablet. When I use the same form on a Motorola G6 Play phone, I do not get the errors mentioned above,

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Welcome to the community @jbs! Would you mind trying the same with ODK Collect v1.29.3 and see if the issue is seen there as well?

Kindly please let us know.

Thank you @Kal_Lam. I do not get this problem using ODK Collect v1.29.3.

1 Like

@jbs, so this should be a bug with KoBoCollect v1.28.0. Please be informed that KoBoToolbox is soon bringing it’s next release of android app i.e. KoBoCollect v1.29.3 which should solve the issue. In the mean time would you mind sharing your xlsform so that we could test it out with the KoBoCollect v1.29.3 at our end.

Hi @jbs,

Kindly please be informed that KoBoCollect v1.29.3 has been rolled out and you should soon receive the updates in your device. This release should solve the issue you have reported earlier.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the update, and for your time!

2 Likes