Help with deployment

Hello, I’ve read some other cases regarding deployment issues. I’ve already ran it through the online validator suggested by Kal_Lam in other posts and I’ve corrected the errors suggested by the tool to the point of getting no errors back. Still, KoboToolbox won’t allow me to deploy.

How can I fix this?

Hi @Maria2050 can you share a screenshot of the error you are getting?

1 Like

Hi! Yes, here the picture

1 Like

Hi @Maria2050,
If your form has a long list of choices (e.g. hundreds or thousands) could slow down the loading and you might be getting a time-out error from the server side.

You can try to see if that’s the case by shortening your choices and try to deploy it. If that’s the case, you can try to host a list of choice options in an external file. You can find more information in here: Select One or Many From External File Question Type — KoboToolbox documentation

2 Likes

I will check on it and see if actually will work. Thank you!

2 Likes

So I tried this way and is still not deploying. What else can I do? I double check with the online validator and still no showing any errors.

@Maria2050 Can you tell:

• How many questions you have?
  • How many choices you have?
1 Like

Hi! So I have 3818 questions and 437 choices

Hi @Maria2050,

Your total number of questions might be a little more than the system can handle. Can you try to split your form so you can see how many questions you can work with?

1 Like

Hi! ohhh, I’m going to try, because when I reduced the amount the survey was deployed without issue. Thank you for the help! I will get back to you if still happening even doing that!

Many thanks!

2 Likes

@hakan_cetinkaya, :clap: :heart: :partying_face:

1 Like

I am also facing the same problem, I checked the box on that notification to avoid having it apear every time i delete a question, now it is not showing and so are the questions too, they are not being deleted anymore. there is no setting to turn it on again