Hide columns if field are empty in a multiple select question

Hi guys , i have a unique form where i choose the model of the car , for example , if a choose a option “Older” , show me a block of questionaries relative to this Option , but if i choose “Newer” show me a block of questionaries relative to this Option .

but , when i receive the submission , all the collumns are visible , but include empty values , its possible to hide collumns that i dont fill ?

Hi,

Unfortunately what you are asking for is not possible. All columns based on the most recent structure of your form will always appear.

Stephane

1 Like

Hi @thiagokamikaze,

If i have understood you correctly, you are trying to refer to a multiple category variable type where the data structure seems to be as follows (where a1, a2, a3 and a4 are variables and r2 to r4 are the cases entered):

Image 1

But at the moment, KoBoToolbox supports multiple dichotomy variable type only where the data structure seems to be as follows (where Dog, Cat, Hen and Goat are variables and r2 to r4 are the cases entered):

Image 2

There are many statistical package available in the market that is able to convert your data structure from one form to another. However, if you feel the need of the same within the KoBoToolbox environment we would request you to make a new features request here.

Have a great day!

Yep my friend , i’ll do it on request feature link .

1 Like