Hosting in server and api details

Hello team

First of all thankyou for this wonderful tool. We are planning to get started with this. Before that we would like to clarify some items regarding this tool.

our current application is an admin website where admins create surveys. And we have a n android mobile app which call the api of admin website then display the surveys to users. Users fill the survey and submit. Then it will list of the admin website.

So we are checking whether Kobotoolbox box can be used to replace our system.

Could you please find our questions below and let me know your thoughts.

1. can we deploy Kobotoolbox in our system, change the UI and replace it for our
    current admin website where admis can create surveys ?

2. Can we use our existing mobile app itself and call the api of Kobotoolbox website thus hosted in our own server ?

3. will kobotoolbox provide rest api for all of its services so that our mobile app can call these like get surveys, submit response, get locations etc

4. where can I find the complete list of apis that kobotoolbox provide ?

5. Could you please provide me the github url where I need to check for installing kobotoolbox in our server ?

Hi @vishal,

Welcome to the community! You should be able to perform all the features available in KoBoToolbox being hosted by the HHI and the OCHA server. However, there is always an option for you to install KoBoToolbox in your own server.

To install KoBoToolbox in your own server, please feel free to have a look at our support articles here.

Regarding your concern on whether you could use your own mobile app, we recommend you to have a look at the Collect app (KoBoCollect android app) which you could download through the google play store. Alternatively you could also use the ODK Collect android app which should work smoothly with the KoBoToolbox.

Regarding your concerns on APIs and REST Services please feel free to have a look at this support article here. It should help you explain in details.

Please see the forum discussion that maybe helpful for you:

1. Installing KoBoToolbox in your own server here
  2. APIs here
  3. REST Services here

Have a great day!

1 Like

thank you @Kal_Lam

Thank you for your support. We will have a check with all of these.

1 Like