How can I automatically name the form of Kobo by selected answers?

Hello everyone,

I would like to create a form that automatically names the filled form based on the “form name,” “date,” and the “name of the respondent.” The name of the respondent (a farmer to be visited by surveyors) should be selected from multiple options, and I want that choice to be reflected in the form name.

I succeeded in naming the form using the “form name” and “date” with the “instant-name” setting, but I couldn’t add the “name of the respondent.”

Here is the code that is currently used for the instant_name setting, but an error occurred:

concat(‘[Form 01]’, ‘-’, today(), ‘-’, jr:choice-name(${Farmername}, selected-at(${Farmername}, “${Farmername}”)))

How can solve this issue?

Additional hint: Attention, check if the form_name might change by re-edit or even view/reload, based on an automatic re-calculation of today() or a manual edit of the Farmername.

1 Like

Thank you for your comment.
The most important part of the form name is the “name of the respondent”, as most surveyors will view and send multiple forms by checking it.
How can I reflect the selected “name of the respondent” to the form name automatically?

@AyahaM, maybe this post discussed previously should also be helpful …

Thank you very much for your assistance.
I found where I made mistakes and the form is functioning now.

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

@AyahaM, :clap: :heart: :partying_face: