How can I fix error 400 which prevents my form to deploy?

Unable to deploy
your form cannot be deployed because it contains errors.
Unexpected KoBoCAT error 400:b"{“detail”:“There has been a problem trying to replace ${Where_do_you_source_your_organ_004} with the XPath to the survey element named'Where_do_you_source_your_organ_004", There is no survey element with this name.”}.

Thats the pop-up error in detail. I have tried to download the XLS form, thoroughly scrolled though the labels but I cannot find the row with such content so I have failed to fix the error, cannot deploy form for now.

Welcome to the community, @juliematovu! You can resolve this issue by following the steps outlined below:

• Download your form as XLSForm.
  • Open the survey tab and then search for Where_do_you_source_your_organ_004.
  • Likewise, open the choices tab and then search for Where_do_you_source_your_organ_004`.

You should note that this variable should be missing in the expressions that you have used.

You can also validate your XLSForm through this online validator to identify syntax issues, if any are present. You should also be able to learn more about the same through our community posts discussed previously.

Dear Kal_Lam,

Thanks very much for your swift response and for your technical support.

Unfortunately, I’m still beaten flat on this matter. Your step-wise guidance is what I had followed earlier and indeed resumed following but the mere fact that this “variable is missing” it is hard for me to look for something that is missing but blocking the re-deployment of the form.

I’m still stuck!

Best Regards,

Julie

@juliematovu, if you have fixed the issue, what is the most recent error message you see when validating your XLSForm through the online validator?

When I try to fix the error through the XLSForm online, the same error message comes up.

Hi @juliematovu,

When you followed Kal’s 2nd and 3rd bullet points, did you find anything in your XLS form?

Nope.

The challenge is that I cannot identify the location of the error [the specific questions or row]. It is not visible in the form or excel sheet!