How can I make Live Dashboard with KoBo Collect?

Dear all,
Hope you are doing good.
I am thinking to know about a system where I can collect data with the help of kobo collect and I can get live data on dashboard and my dashboard will be give me live update whenever a new submissions is on the kobo collect server.

Looking forward for suggestion.

Best,
Narendra

Hi @iamnarendrasingh
If you need a live update you have to fork some work and take advantage of external applications using our API feature. One of the approaches could be the use of PowerBI as explained in one of the articles.

Stephane

1 Like

In addition to what @stephanealoo has outlined you could also use the inbuilt custom report feature from your user account to view the bars, charts and tables. For details please feel free to have a look at our support article Viewing and Creating Custom Reports.

It is like I want to make a custom page (with my domain) where with the help of that link , any one can see page.

Best,
@iamnarendrasingh

Hi @iamnarendrasingh
You need to check all the articles we have shared with you to find your solution. Have you checked them?
Stephane

1 Like

Yes , I checked them all . I am trying to make a dashboard where end user can get live data in graphs. Here I am trying to call API of kobo and than trying to make graphs in R/PowerBI.

• In PowerBI , manually I need to refresh data in my dashboard and than my end user will get live update of submission. I am able to connect my PowerBI with your solutions. Thanks for this information. Still I am trying to make my dashboard live with Power BI.

• In R , I am still trying to get that how can I make a dashboard.?

Best,
@iamnarendrasingh

Hi @iamnarendrasingh
This is more of a PowerBi issue than a KoBoToolbox issue. I would however recommend external reading beyond the community forum such as here and here

Stephane

2 Likes

@iamnarendrasingh
You can look into solutions like Grafana or Kibana. Pulling data using APIs is not directly supported by them but there are some plug-ins which can allow this.

Let me know what works for you. I am also looking for a better solution than Power BI.