How can I retrieve my lost project and data?

My acc is managed by many people and recently i have lost some data, is there any way i can:

• Recover the data?
  • Know who deleted?
  • When was deleted? or etc

@Charama, I had to split this issue to a new post as the same is different from your other post. It would always be good to have a different post for a different issue so that the issues could be documented systematically in the community. Hence users could benefit while searching.

Regarding your issue, kindly please be informed that retrieving a survey project is impossible if you have deleted it by accident or purposively. However, we could help you find out the details you requested regarding the following:

• Know who deleted?
  • When was it deleted?

For this you will have to provide us the following information through a private message:

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server

Note: Moving forward, we would strongly advised not to share your login credentials with others (especially your password) when working in a team unless you trust your team. You could have managed your project using the sharing-permission features that is available with KoBoToolbox.

Hi @Kal_Lam thank you so much, that was really helpful!
My username: xxxxxxx
Project name: REGISTO DE COMBATENTES
Server: https://kf.kobotoolbox.org/

Thanks a lot

OK, could you kindly share with us details of how you managed your survey project, who did you share your user login credentials with, why did you share it in the group, and so on that could help us investigate your project details? Basically, we would like to know the details of how you happened to lose your survey project. This information should also help the community to be aware.

Hi @Kal_Lam
I was working on a collaborative project and all of us were using the same user, and initially I didn’t realize how dangerous it would be if many of us use the same user, then I created different users and limited the access for each, but forgot to change my password and did not limit the access for all! This is how this happened!

@Charama, could you also let us know the project name that was deleted from your user account?

Hi @Charama
Unfortunately when one deletes their project and data, the platform does not provide an option for retrieving the deleted project.

Stephane

1 Like

This is the project name: REGISTO DE COMBATENTES

Do you know the tentative date on when was it deleted?

I am not sure about it, but maybe within this year (Jan-march)

Hi @Kal_Lam can I have an update on this?
Thanks a lot

@Charama, will reach you back when we hear from our dev team.

@Charama, is this the same project REGISTO DE COMBATENTES you are looking for? We can still see them in your user account:

It has not been deleted yet! Kindly please confirm.

Hi @Kal_Lam,

Wowww, you are completely right, I even saw my downloads from last year and saw that the data is complete, the data I was counting with, hasn’t been submitted to Kobo, woww, I also took this chance to limit access to other users so that I can avoid this at all!

Thank you so much for your patience and help @Kal_Lam !!! Wowww Kobotolbox is the best! Thanks very much!

2 Likes

Thank you for confirming @Charama!

1 Like

Unfortunately when one deletes their project and data, the platform does not provide an option for retrieving the deleted project.

1 Like

Unfortunately when one deletes their project and data, the platform does not provide an option for retrieving the deleted project..

1 Like