How can I set my KoBoToolbox to get blank forms on any smartphone to collect data?

Hello everyone!!
I’d like to know how I can set my kobotoolbox to get blank form on any phone to collect data.
As a matter of fact, I need to Know how I can proceed to allow friends far from me to get my forms (Xml) to collect data and resend them to me for analys.

Thank you so much for helping me.

Hi @innocent,

Welcome to the community! See the step by step support article on Collecting Data with KoBoCollect on Android to get blank forms on your device and collect data.

Alternatively you could also have a look to the forum post discussed earlier. Unable to get survey form in KoboCollect

1 Like

Thank you so much dear @Kal_Lam.
I’ll follow your advice and. I’ll also come back to tell you the result

1 Like

Good morning dear @Kal_Lam. Thank you so much for helping. I did it.:+1:

1 Like

Hi Kal_Lam,
When I click on “Get Blank Form” I get this error:
“Download Results
Unable to make API calls. If you are running a local build, please review the project readme”
I appreciate your help

Hi @DigitalWarrior,

Seems like you are using your own server to host the survey project instead of using the OCHA server or the HHI server.

GOOD DAY!

You wrote
Seems like you are using your own server to host the survey project . . instead of using the OCHA server or the HHI server

Yet, I have previously logged in to this same Kobo site to design and deploy forms.

I did not change anything - I am using the KoBoToolbox (https://kf.kobotoolbox.org) server

What should I do to fix the problem ?

When I click on “Projects (legacy)” - I get this note:

“We no longer recommend deploying projects directly from the legacy interface. You will NOT have access to all our new shiny tools and features, and deploying a project with the legacy interface is highly discouraged at this point. Please use the new interface to deploy your projects. The legacy interface and this deployment feature will be removed shortly.”

Yet, when I click on “new interface”, and redeploy a project, I get the same result - I am back where I started.

I did not install a server. As far as I know I’m working from the KoboToolbox website

I was using the wrong url. I don’t get the error message any more.
But I cannot see any of my Blank Forms to download

1 Like

Hi @DigitalWarrior,

GOOD to hear that your issue is solved partially. Please be informed that unless and until your survey projects are not deployed you are not able to GET BLANK FORMS. Hence for this, i suggest you to deploy a survey project first as outlined in the support article below:

Support Article: Quick Start Overview

GOOD DAY!

Hi Kal-Lam,
Thank you for your response.

There’s a misunderstanding.

The form is “deployed”, but is not available on my KoboCollect app

**I must be making a mistake in some other way . . **

Pictures attached

Hi Kal-Lam,
Thank you for your response.
There’s a misunderstanding.
The form is “deployed”, but is not available on my KoboCollect app
Only default “demo” forms from KoboCollect can be seen
I must be making a mistake in some other way . .

Hi @DigitalWarrior,

Please see the following (Setup server URL on KoBoCollect & Download blank forms from your account) from the attached support article and you should be able to GET the BLANK FORMS from your KoBoToolbox account:

Support Article: Collecting Data with KoBoCollect on Android

GOOD DAY!

Hi Kalyan,
Thanks, problem solved.

1 Like