How can use reference household number?

Hello colleagues.
We are carrying out household baseline survey and will cover 1,200 households. Each Household has been assigned Identification (ID) number for treatments and control.
Using kobotoolbox, how can I recall this ID number so that I do not have to repeat typing the wbole information already completed at baseline stage?
Regards
Lembris

Hi @Lembris,

You can check the dynamic data attachments. Here is a help article:

https://support.kobotoolbox.org/dynamic_data_attachment.html

1 Like

In addition to what @hakan_cetinkaya has advised, you could also do this by using the pull data function as outlined in this support article Pull Data Functionality in KoboToolbox. But with this approach, you must first maintain all the details in the CSV file.

1 Like

you can use the “pull data” functionality to recall the ID number and other information from the baseline survey for subsequent surveys without having to re-enter the information. This is particularly useful for longitudinal or follow-up surveys.

Thank you very much @Kal_Lam and team.
I would kindly suggest you organize webnners/virtual meetings to demonstrate these such complex tutoral. I tried to visit you tube resources and examples are available.

Can the ID numbers be automatically generated by KoBoToolbox, or do they need to be assigned manually before conducting the survey?