How do i link certain information to a form in KoBoToolbox?

I have other question to asking you more. If i complete information in KOBO with ID or QR code and then i need to complete other form but about information such name, age, sex is the same information in the first form, dose KOBO can link this information from one to one form by just scan QR code or just type ID.

Hi @Ah_ly,

Would you mind having a look at the pull data functionality. It should solve you issue. For details on the same, please have a look at the support article Pull Data () functionality in KoBoToolbox.

You could also have a look to some examples on pull data that has been discussed in the forum here.

Have a great day!

Dear sir,

My question is if my form A have information such as:

Q1: Name: Lily

Q2: Age: 25

Q3: Sex: F

Q4: ID: AB12345

and form B have the same question form A. I would like to ask you how can I just type only ID then all information in Q1 until Q3 can appear in form B.

1 Like

Hi @Ah_ly,

If this is what you are trying to achieve, i am sorry to inform you that KoBoToolbox at the moment does not support this feature (i.e. pulling specific information from form A to form B from your account).

The only workaround at the moment is using the pulldata functionality where you upload all the information (like Name , Age , Sex , ID etc.) that you you require to pull to your existing form and upload them as a csv file. Doing this, you shall be able to pull the required information to your existing form. The advantage of pulldata is that you could update the csv file during the ongoing survey. And updating the same should not affect your collected data (or the data collection process).

Have a great day!

1 Like