How do I return a data or questionnaire that is not well filled by enumerator using KoBoToolbox?

Good evening sir, please I am still yet to resolve this issue of link. Kindly assist.

Good afternoon sir, please I am still awaiting your assistance concerning the link that I sent to enumerators that is not working. Kindly assist.

@smartgbola1, a link should work only for one edit. If your enumerator wishes to edit it again, you will have to send a different link again.

Good afternoon sir, please which link will I send to the enumerator.

Good afternoon sir, please I really need to resolve the issue of link. Kindly explain in detail what I need to do so that whenever I send the link back to enumerators it work. Thanks for your assistance.

Once you have selected the required submission from DATA>Table, you will then need to copy the link that is present at the browser. Copy it and then paste it through the medium where you would like to share it from.

Sir, this procedure has been done earlier before now in which I sent you the link but it didn’t work. Kindly give a better procedure that will work. Thanks.

How many submissions does an enumerator submit on average?

Good morning sir, the enumerators has submitted all the data after checking it I found out that there was a mistake in some field.

1 Like

Please sir, kindly assist on how to go about the link. I have tried all the procedure you said I should do none is working. It is taking time sir.

Hi @smartgbola1
It seems you had not read the post shared earlier by @Kal_Lam . I strongly suggest you look at that post, I have posted it here once again

Stephane

Good morning sir, I am not really pleased as a result of not providing solution on how to send a link back to an enumerator that has not filled his data wrongly. Thanks.

@smartgbola1, I don’t know if you were able to follow the instructions provided above. However, I am re-sharing what has been discussed previously again (but this time with some screenshots so that you can understand).

• Open your survey project.
  • Then go to DATA>Table.
  • Identify the submission that you wish to send it back to the enumerator.
  • Then press the pen-like edit icon.
  • You will be redirected to a different page (like the one you see when entering data through Enketo).
  • Copy the link to this page and then share it with your enumerator.
  • Your enumerator should be able to make one edit and submit the same back to the server. To make a second edit of the same form by the same enumerator, you will need to re-do the same process from the start again.

Thanks for the super solution to enable quick error corrections.

1 Like

Hi everyone!
Dear @Kal_Lam , I have followed the steps you described above coorectly. But the problem I’m facing now is that
when I sent the link to the enumerator, it diplayed an error message and doesn’t allow editing.

Thanks for your assistance

Welcome back to the community, @innocent! This is due to the 30 seconds expiry time. You could follow the same here:

Thank so much dear @Kal_Lam for your help.

I read and use the instruction provided by the link you sent. But I’m still having the same problem.
In fact, I need a step by step instruction to edit the expiration time.
I did not find where I can edit the expiration time.

thanks for answering

@innocent, you should be able to modify the expiration time if you are in a self-hosted server. The publicly hosted server (OCHA or the HHI server) does not allow you with the same.

Okay!
How can I get (be on) a self-hosted server?
Please help.

Much thank dear @Kal_Lam

Hi @innocent, you can refer to the support pages here: KoBoToolbox on Your Computer or Server — KoBoToolbox documentation

1 Like