How do i use choice filters to select what has been selected in the previous question along with an additional none choice (in Q2)?

Hi,
I have 2 questions with brand list. Q2 is dependent on Q1 the choices selected in Q1 will only be displayed in Q2 but along with None option. Like if 1 select 2 brands in Q1 then Q2 will have only brands in the list but with None. Now my query is to get the None along with the selected brands. How is it possible. I am also attaching a sample form for reference.a4HuDoFCpkuuyEg52s6bM5 - Copy.xls (17 KB)

Hi @khasaab,

Would you mind looking at the workaround that i have done for you as shown in the image below:

In the survey sheet of your xlsform:

In the choices sheet of your xlsform:
Image%202

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo:

Reference xlsform:
choice_filter.xlsx (67.4 KB)

GOOD DAY!

Thanks for the reply. But the solution provided is not what I want, I have 2 questions Q1 and Q2 in which choices of Q2 is dependent on the selection of Q1 i.e Q2 will have only the no of brands which is a in Q1 but along with None, which means none will there even if none is not selected in Q1. Hope it is clear now.

Hi @khasaab,

Try this out (like the one you requested) and it should work for you:

choice_filter v2.xlsx (56.2 KB)

Please note, it has a pretty long formula in it.

GOOD DAY!

Hi,
I tried and got the solution with this code "selected(${Q1},name) or name=‘none’ .
Its working fine for me. Anyways thanks for the reply.

3 Likes

Hi @khasaab,

Thanks for sharing it with the entire community!

GOOD DAY!

My pleasure

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this, helped me a lot!

1 Like

thanks a lot khasaab. That was really simple, yet very helpful

1 Like