How do we calculate 'Select Many' in Kobotoolbox

Hi, I wanted to ask how to calculate all those selected on a select many question.
There are many questions with many choices and i wanted to add them all in a score after they answered the questionnaire.

I am just new to kobotoolbox and would appreciate the help. Thanks!

Welcome to the community, @rbojos! Maybe you will need to provide more context so that the community can help you. You could do this with a single dummy question that has a few choices where you would like to assign specific values to the choices.

I wanted to make a score out of all the choices in the questionnaire.

for example there are 9 choices in the form… (all of the choices in the questionnaire). So the person only selected 1. The score at the bottom would be 1/9.

i wanted to just add all those choices selected by the one answering the questionnaire.

does that make sense?

@rbojos, so if an enumerator selects all the 9 choices, the score would be 1. Did I get you correct?

No. Sorry to confuse you.

To make it simple: If the enumerator selects 1 then the score will be 1.

-If someone selects 3, then the score will be 3.
The display would be : “YOUR SCORE IS 3.”

I just wanted to display the number of selected items at the last page of the questionnaire.

@rbojos, if this is the case, then you could do it as outlined in the image shared below:

In the survey tab of your XLSForm:

Image 1

In the choices tab of your XLSForm:

Image 2

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo: when nothing is checked

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo: when something is checked

Reference XLSForm:

scoring.xlsx (18.8 KB)

Alternative approach: without the calculate question type

Scoring 2.xlsx (18.7 KB)

1 Like

Welcome @rbojos,
Hint: You can always give the search function of this forum a trial to get support and examples, please, e.g. Search results for 'count select_multiple' - KoboToolbox Community Forum.

Do you already know the Online validator, to check forms during development and before deployment?

2 Likes