How do we deactivate some choices in a multiple choice questions?

Hi.

I have a form with several questions of the type “multiple choices”; I need that when selecting the option “None” the other options are deactivated so that they are not selected by accident, is it possible to do that?

Beforehand thank you very much.

Dear @jaimesj,
I think, your question for dynamically restricting choices was already discussed in previous community postings.
Here is an example how it can be done with a constraint:
None alone.xlsx (12.4 KB)
Instead of the if(., …,…) also a corresponding logical and or expression would be fine.

The example does a bit more: It controls that None and Don’t know can only be used exclusively, and limits the remaining choices to maximum of 3 (incl. Other). It also controls, that if other is chosen, the user must enter some string (with at least 3 letters)
Kind regards

2 Likes

Hello,
here is a second solution, which a like less (as user). Instead of a constraint it uses choice_filter. If you choose the restricted item, all others will disappear (and be reset).
If you deselect again, all re-appear all (deselected).
None alone 02.xlsx (12.5 KB)
Best regards
Wolfgang

2 Likes

Hi wroos,
The solution you provided is good but it works only in Enketo not in the App. I have tested it.

Hello wroos.

Thank you very much for your response and help. It works very well for my needs!

In the app it is necessary to advance to the next question to validate the selection but it works the same (at least it worked for me).

Very gratefull…

Best regards.

1 Like