How to add Custom thank you page/returnURL parameter?

Hi all,
In single submission option on Kobotoolbox it says we can pair it with the returnURL parameter to redirect the user to the page of our choice. Can someone explain to me how this is done exactly step by step? I cannot find any instructions

Thanks!

Hi @eeshatariq,

You should see a Thank you for participating! message by default after completion of the survey if you follow the instructions outlined as shown in the image below:

• After deploying a survey form successfully, select Online-Only (single submission) that is present under the Collect data as shown in the image below and then press OPEN.

• Collect data in Enketo and then press Submit as shown in the image below:

• Once your filled up form is submitted to the KoBoToolbox server, you should see the Thank you for participating! message as shown in the image below:
    Image 3

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam, thank you, I know how to do this already. What I am asking is how can we customize this page? The option says “This allows a single submission, and can be paired with the “returnURL” parameter to redirect the user to a URL of your choice after the form has been submitted.”
So what if I want it to redirect to some other URL of my choice and not this? Please let me know. Thanks.

Hi @eeshatariq,

Would you trying out as outlined in the support article below:

For details please visit the support article Collecting Data through Web Forms here.

Have a great day!

3 Likes

Hi @Kal_Lam yes thank you very much this is what I was looking for!

2 Likes

Hola, se puede cambiar este mensaje a otro

Hi @monitoreoprevencionh,

This is a system generated message and cannot be edited by a user.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Neither returnURL, nor return_url seem to be working anymore.
I’ve selected “Online-Only (single submission)” and adding a very simple URL, but the
“Submission successful” message appears rather than redirecting the page.

Any suggestions ?
Thank you,

Welcome to the community, @mido! Which browser and the server are you using? Could you also provide us these information so that we could have a closer look at it?

Hello,

We are using Firefox and Chrome browser, and are hosted by Kobotoolbox.

When I looked at the form today, it seems that I have the same issue that I read on the forum :

Since I checked yesterday, the Collect Data reset to Online-Offline (multiple submissions).
I reset it to Online-only (single submission) but after one submission when the form is opened directly in the URL, the redirect works. But the Collect Data resets automatically to Online-Offline (multiple submissions) and it stops redirecting.

I would like to have the form embedded with the URL redirect after submission. Perhaps this is not implemented ?.

Thanks for your help !

@mido, maybe this post discussed previously should help you understand your issue: