How to change the size of an option in a rating question?

I would like to change the size of one of the options in a rating questions, so it is all on the same line (the “Sometimes” option).

Hi @emignacca,

Welcome to the community! Would you mind having a look at some of the styling prompt workaround discussed previously. It should solve your issue:

Have a great day!

1 Like

I have the same question but do not want to use the grid style and matrix type question. Is it possible to adjust the size of the labels in a rating style question? thank you

Would you mind having a look at the post discussed previously (it should help you solve your issue):

I Have the same question and the replies given before don{t seem to answer it: Can we change the size of text in a ratings question?

I have had a look already at the style prompts shared in this forum but they talk about the possibility of changing ‘various sized headers’. I don’t know if header means any text at all in a ratings question, or it has to be an actual header of a section or some other type of question. This is unclear.

Furthermore, if it is possible to change the text sixe with the heading prompt, it’s unclear how I would code this. FOr example, if the text I want to change is the word 'Suficient´, where do I put the # sign, which seems to be the code to change size? And, how many # signs should I use, given that I’m not comparing this text size with anything else than itself.

Basically, what I want to achieve is the same size on all of the options at the top of the table (like the original example in this thread) so that they all fit and don’t breakup into chuncks of words or look unruly.

Finally, to note, I already managed to make some of the text in comments (before a ratings question) bold. When I reuploaded the xls form it completely disconfigured the look of my online form builder, and all the work I had put into making this rating question appear like a table and not like an enormous list of option questions. I really don{t want to have to go back to the trouble of redoing all of those ratings questions again a third time so I would appreciate any explanation as to how I can change the text size on my rating questions text, while NOT losing the format of my ratings question once I reupload it.

Could you share the related part of your form, incl. choices, or a corresponding example, please, as XLSForm.
Do you use Enketo (Web form) or Collect?

I turned it into a matrix question, which has helped with the view. However, I now don’t know how to add a conditionality on that matrix question to say that it can only be answered if the previous question answered yes. There is a space for custom logic that can be input but I don’t know what the custom logic is for this/can’t find it anywhere. I am using eneko webform

You may have a look at the Help Center article, please: Adding Skip Logic to a Matrix Question — KoboToolbox documentation.

Thank you. So, I went ahead and downloaded the XLS form and, as before, when I reuploaded it, the matrix lost the nice format I{d created on the online form and turned into a long, grouped list (that was no longer in same order I prepared them) of single choice questions. I think this should be clearly explained somewhere in the matrix question information you provide for future users so they know to expect this.

The positive thing about the matrix question getting restructured automatically into groups of single choice questions in the online form builder is that I was then able to manually move the column question I wanted with conditions after each of the rows choices I had created. This achieved exactly what I wanted initially: to have a matrix where, in Column 1, viewers had two options (yes or no) and this is the only option they see at first. When they click on yes (and yes only), then a second column opens up within the same matrix with a set of different multiple choices. I had to make sure that I moved each of the column2 questions to the correct grouping that the online form had created for me, to ensure that that I could create the conditionality I needed (ie, that that column choice only opened up when they clicked yes on first column), which was laborious, but got there in the end. This probably all sounds very abstract so have uploaded a screenshot of what I mean.

Hi @femimeli,
After all this work:

This will help other users too.