How to create a "select all" option to automatically choose all in a select many question?

I have a form where after the user selects many local government areas (LGAs) in which they work, the subsequent questions reference the selections made/ the chosen LGAs. So if there were 4 LGAs selected, there will be 4 questions, each referencing the specific LGA selected.

How do I create a select all option for the select many option so that all the LGAs will be selected. Meaning all the checkboxes will be automatically selected. Thanks.

Welcome to the community, @dkiyiola! Could you elaborate on your issue by providing some dummy questions and some dummy choices to see how they should be visible when selected? Please also specify the question type (select_one or select_mulitple) so that the community should be able to help you out.

Thanks for your response. The response type is select_multiple. What I currently have is when the user chooses select all, the other choices are not selected. What I want is for all the choices to be automatically selected when the user chooses select all.

What I want.

Thanks.

@dkiyiola, you could do it as outlined in the image shared below:

In the survey tab of your XLSForm:

Image 1

In the choices tab of your XLSForm:

Image 2

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo:

Reference XLSForm:

Select Multiple (PreFill).xlsx (13.0 KB)

@Kal_Lam thank you very much for your response. I don’t know how many options there are, there could be 10, 15, 5, 8… depending on the state chosen and the corresponding number of LGAs.