How to create Yes no type multiple option

Dear Kal_kam,
Greetings!
Could you please help me to give the solutions for this type of question how can I create

Looking forward to your kind support
Thanks
Palash

Hi @PALASH9698
Have you tried creating it on your own and encountered a problem? You should try and then we get to see where you are stuck. Always remember that electronic data collection will not always give you all the paper look and feel you would desire. In this request, you can either create two sets of questions multiple response questions to tackle it, or use a grid theme for the same.

Stephane.

1 Like

Dear Stephanealoo,
Could you please give me an example exercise or a xmls form then it would be more helpful for me.
Looking forward to your kind suppor.
Thanks
Palash

Have you tried any approach with it?

Hi @PALASH9698,

Looking at your question, you could also try using the matrix question type as outlined in the support article here.

FYR, you could also find some workarounds with matrix questions here (that were discussed previously).

Have a great day!

Dear Stephanealo and Kal_Lam
Yes, I have tried to develop the question option in Matrix question, but no grid is shown during the preview option
Attached file for your referencematrix

Thanks
Palash

Hi @PALASH9698,

Try setting up a grid-theme as outlined in the support article here.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Dear [stephanealoo,
I have developed a questionnaire to use a gride theme but not getting two sets of questions multiple response questions options.

Could you please give an example or and xls form in the kobo toolbox how to create two sets of questions multiple responses.
Your positive response is appreciatable in this regard.

Thanks
Palash

Hi @PALASH9698,

You could do the same as outlined in the images below:

If you are planning to design your survey project through the KoBoToolbox Form Builder UI, you could do it as outlined below (using the matrix question type):

Image 1

Note: After designing the question, do not forget to change the Form style to Grid theme from the Layout & Settings as shown below:

Image 2

If you are planning to design your survey project through the xlsform, you could do it as outlined below:

In the survey tab of your xlsform:

In the choices tab of your xlsform:
Image 4

In the settings tab of your xlsform:
Image 5

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo:

Reference xlsform:
Sample Matrix Question.xlsx (12.4 KB)

Advise: Try designing your matrix question using the KoBoToolbox Form Builder UI and then finish it with xlsform as the latter provides you with many options in formatting which the former does not.

Have a great day!

1 Like

@Kal_Lam @stephanealoo another dimension to this question, I am designing a question which first asks a validation question with yes/no as the answer before the enumerator asks follow-up questions. Is there a way of asking yes/no questions and only using one yes/no as the choice (s) to remove the redundancy of too many yes/no in the choices column. I tried using the same name yes_no for each validation question but I got an error “Error: There are more than one survey elements named ‘yes_no’ (case-insensitive) in the section named ‘Sub_IR_1_1’.”.
Is there a way around this?

Thanks.
Alex.

Hello @AlexRutto77,

You can use the same choices list_name for multiple questions. But each of the name in your survey tab should be unique. See the screenshots below:

This is my choices tab, as you can see there is only one list_name with yes_no:
choices list name

And this is my survey tab, as you can see in the type column, I write select_one yes_no for my each question, but I made every questions name a unique one:

So in your case what I think happen is you have a question in your survey tab, with the same name. If you change that name to a unique one, it should be solved.

Best,

1 Like

Hi @hakan_cetinkaya ,
Thanks so much. In fact after posting this request, I realized that is the way to go.
Thanks.
Alex.

2 Likes