How to hide and unhide a question matrix based on a previous question

Hi Support Team,

I am creating for form with question matrix, using kobo–matrix_list. My problem is that the matrix list kept being shown up even when I applied ‘relevant’.

I want to hide all questions from row 19-24 when the question "loai’ = 1 (row 4). I have scanned our forum but could not find the solutions. Please find attach the XLS form for your review.

Thank you so much in advance for your support.

AnhPre and post test_PMM training_Dec2021.xlsx (33.1 KB)

@danganh, you could add skip logic to a matrix question as discussed in our previous post:

Hi @Kal_Lam,

Thank you for your quick response. I did look at the file when I scanned the forum before asking my question. However, it seems to me that my issue is different. I am using ‘begin_kobomatrix’. This matrix question is only applicable if a previous question is ‘yes’. So I want to the whole matrix (title and everything) is invisible when the previous question is ‘no’. Grouping the whole matrix question might be an option but is there a better solution for this?

Warm regards,
Anh

Hi @Kal_Lam

Could you please have a look at my XLS form? I am sure something is missing there so the question kept being shown up.

Thank you and I am looking forward to your response.

Warm regards,
Anh

How can I hide options? E.G there are 5 options for multiples/single answers, but I want only 3 to appear in rotation. meaning for respondent A, answer 1,3,4 will appear and for Respondent B 2,1,5 may appear

@FEMMMY, adding skip logic to a matrix question should be more convenient with the grid-theme approach rather than using the kobo-matrix_list. cc: @danganh

Thanks for your reply,

What if I have a question (Q10) that has five options, Option A, Option B, Option C, Option D, Option E

I only want three of these options to appear per respondent. For instant, if Respondent Mark by name open the form to fill, what he will only see in (Q10) is Option E, Option B, Option C, Option and if Respondent John by name open the same form to fill, what he will only see in (Q10) is Option A, Option C, Option B, Option. the options are limited to three between the five option, i.e for Mark, Option A and Option D is not visible and for John Option B and Option D is not visible.

E.G in Question
(Q10) Which of the following do you think is true
Option 1 Ladies are always faithful
Option 2 Ladies are not always faithful
Option 3 Some ladies are faithful while some are not
Option 4 All ladies are sometimes faithful and sometimes are not faithful
Option 5 Some ladies are sometimes faithful and some are not sometimes faithful

THE ABOVE IS WHT IS SCRIPTED IN THE FORM/QUESTIONNAIRE - BUT WE NOW NEED A CODE THAT WHEN Mark John where to fill below is what they see because we want each to see only 3 of the five options
FOR MARK
Option 2 Ladies are not always faithful

FOR JOHN
Option 4 All ladies are sometimes faithful and sometimes are not faithful

@FEMMMY, you could follow the discussion here:

Thank you.

I found the solution from one of skipping logic xls forms provided by @Kal_Lam.
Thank you.

1 Like