How to make Matrix respond to relevant

Hello! I have created tables with matrix and looped them in the relevant column to previous questions. However the matrix tables appear even id I don’t click on yes in the question they are linked to. How can I make them appear only if the option yes is selected?
Thank you!

Can you share the related part of your XLSForm, please?

You could also use the famous search function of this forum to find similar discussions, e.g. Search results for 'matrix relevant' - KoboToolbox Community Forum.

I trust, you checked your form with the Online validator..

1 Like

yes the form is working well except for this relevant feature
extract for community.xlsx (9.5 KB)

Hi @nz54,
Could you also add the related choices and settings sheet, please, and test your extract with the Online validator? So, that we have a working correct example, please.

1 Like

Could you just tell me like headlines how I can solve this?
the form is working and the “relevant” option is working on the rows that are not matrix. It just stops working when it’s a matrix.

Sorry, to reproduce the issue and facilitate support, please, share a correct complete example, incl. related choices and settings. So, that we can open it with Kobo Enketo. Your attached file doesn’t pass validation.
Hint. To use the Online validator, you need to temporarily replace _kobomatrix with _group.

Could you have a look already at the previous discussion, see search link above? For ex. Adding skip logic to a matrix question and Skip logic for Question Matrix - #3 by Xiphware.

There is also a Help Center article: Adding Skip Logic to a Matrix Question — KoboToolbox documentation.

1 Like

Hello!
I was able to solve the issue: You create a group, you put the matrix in the group and you put relevant on the group, not on the matrix. Thanks for trying to help!

1 Like

@nz54, :clap: :heart: :partying_face:

Hi, same as in one of the cited links above; Adding skip logic to a matrix question - #2 by wroos.

1 Like