How to take an image from all side (front, back, right side and left side) through a single image question?

@Kal_Lam Sir , Is there any way I take a picture only north zone ( not south zone/east zone) Also same take a picture -only south zone (not north zone/south zone ) Please helpp

Sir , Is there any way, I want – take a picture only north zone/front side ( not back side/ left side/south zone/east zone) Also same take a picture -only south zone (not north zone/south zone ) ? Please help

Sir , Is there any way, I take a picture only back side/north zone ( not south zone/east zone/front side) Also same take a picture -only south zone/front side (not north zone/south zone ) Please help

@ENA, sorry did not understand your issue. Could you simplify them again?

example – I take a picture PC ( Computer ) font side is monitor and other side is computer backpart. I want both side picture. IF I take double picture click monitor and sent it which will be completely wrong. hopefully you r understand , Please Help @Kal_Lam Sir

example – I take a picture PC ( Computer ) font side is monitor and other side is our backpart. I want both side picture. IF I take double picture click monitor and sent it which will be completely wrong. please help sir @Kal_Lam

OK, now i get it. Maybe you will need to add more variables to your survey project (like picture from the front, picture from the back, picture form the right side, picture from the left side). This should solve your issue.

The other approach is to edit (include all the images to a single image) your photo (front, back, left side and right side) and then upload the same. This approach will take only 1 image but you will need to do a background processing for this.

But how ? Can you help me / suggest me . It will be help my project . @Kal_Lam Sir

Thank You Sir , You understand It . I will need to add more variables to your survey project (like picture from the front, picture from the back, picture form the right side, picture from the left side). This should solve my issue. But How ? Can you suggest me/guideline me… Please Sir . It will be help my project Sir @Kal_Lam

Option 1:

variable 1: side 1
variable 2: side 2
variable 3: side 3
variable 4: side 4

Option 2:

You will need to process this image in a third party app that can handle images.

Thank You Sir, which third party app connect to Kobotoolbox . ?? How can I connect this 3rd party to kobotoolbox.?
@Kal_Lam Sir

Any app that is able to edit and handle images. It’s not associated with KoBoToolbox. You could use any that you should feel comfortable with.

Sir , change some issue . Well now want 4 image . Example : I want to see/ take computer image — 4 image computer part. what can i do this time ? don’t want option take a picture . step by step i click the picture. please sir @Kal_Lam help1

Hello @Kal_Lam,
Could you, please, give more details?

• Take 4 pictures outside KoBo/ODK, combine the wit external tool, save as jpg. Load into KoBo/ODK app as picture type question.
  • Take 4 pictures with 4 variables inside KoBo/ODK. Later, after submission data download, put the together with an external tool.
    Kind regards

@ENA, seems like you don’t want 4 variables to capture an image. You only wish to have one variable to capture 4 images of your computer. Maybe this requirement should also be more or less at times (say at times you may need 3 images or at some times you may need 5 images). If this is the case, you could do the following:

You could design your xlsform as outlined in the image shared below:

In the survey tab of your xlsform:

Reference xlsform:

Image in a Repeat Group.xlsx (10.1 KB)

1 Like