How to update a partially saved form in the Draft to incorporate the new changes in the new version deployed

Hi Family,

While administering a questionnaire, I encountered some logic issues that caused me to get stuck along the way. I’ve made the necessary corrections and deployed the updated form. However, I’m unsure about what to do with the form that I had partially saved in the draft. How can I update the partially saved form to incorporate the current changes and clear the error? Although I have deployed and downloaded the new version, the problem with the draft still persists.

I am using the KoboCollect app on my Android phone. Could you please assist me with this?

Thank you.

Welcome to the community, @deen! Is your partially saved submission still stored in the Collect Android App that is still using the old form version? Did you mean you wish to update that submission to the latest form version (with the one that has the correction)?

Correct me if I understood you wrongly.

Yes, please! The form is still saved in the draft of the Collect Android App, which is still using the old form version. I wish to update it as I had started but couldn’t proceed due to an error. So, I have now made corrections and deployed a new version. Unfortunately, the one I had started with the old version still shows the error. I am asking if there is a way I could update that one to the current version as well.
Let me provide another scenario to help you understand my issues. Let’s say I deployed my first version with the following question: Q30. Have you ever attended school? 1. Yes 2. No. Enumerators started the interview and reached this point. When they chose ‘No’ (2), the program generated an error message that did not allow them to proceed. So, the enumerator partially saved the interviews into the draft, waiting for the programmer to correct it so the enumerators can resume the interview and continue. Now that the correction is done and the form is deployed as a new version (2), the enumerator went back to the draft to resume the partially saved interview and still can’t progress because the error persists. So, I am asking if there is a way to update the partially saved form in the draft in case of new changes. Thank you for your swift response.

Yes, please! The form is still saved in the draft of the Collect Android App, which is still using the old form version. I wish to update it as I had started but couldn’t proceed due to an error. So, I have now made corrections and deployed a new version. Unfortunately, the one I had started with the old version still shows the error. I am asking if there is a way I could update that one to the current version as well.

Let me provide another scenario to help you understand my issues. Let’s say I deployed my first version with the following:
Q30. Have you ever attended school? 1. Yes 2. No.
Enumerators started the interview and reached this point. When they chose ‘No’ (2), the program generated an error message that did not allow them to proceed. So, the enumerator partially saved the interviews into the draft, waiting for the programmer to correct it so the enumerators can resume the interview and continue. Now that the correction is done and the form is deployed as a new In version (2), the enumerator went back to the draft to resume the partially saved interview and still can’t progress because the error persists. So, I am asking if there is a way to update the partially saved form in the draft in case of new changes.
Thank you for your swift response.

Any update on this matter?