I am able to preview my form but getting a "server error 500" while deploying

Hi all,

I recently created a form for a project. It seems to be working as intended when I am previewing the form. But I am not able to deploy it.
The error message that I am getting is “Server Error (500)”

I have checked the form multiple times, but I am not able to understand what I am doing wrong.

Welcome to the community, @shadsaiddiqui! Would you mind validating your XLSForm through this online validator to see if there are any syntax issues?

Hi @Kal_Lam ,

Yes, I have checked it multiple times. The online validator does not show any error and gives me the option to preview the form. When I click on “preview form”, it says "Failed to load the form.

Here is the link to that page as well: Click here!

@shadsaiddiqui, are you on a private server, or are you using the public server?

I am on the kf.kobotoolbox.org server.

Hi @Kal_Lam , I have figured out the issue.
I made a few changes that seemed to work for now:

1. The name of the XLS file had # and | in it, which led to the form failing to load on the online validator
  2. There were some hidden sheet that were in my XLS file, which I was using for some connections and calculations. I deleted those. But I think the biggest culprit was a dormant sheet “external_choices” which i had left by mistake since I was not using this sheet to pull up choices at all.

I think these were the reasons. Once I took care of these, the form was loading on the online validator, and I was able to deploy the form on Kobo toolbox as well.

1 Like

@shadsaiddiqui, :clap: :heart: :partying_face: