I am getting a bad gateway response when trying to access my data using the API URL

@Kal_Lam

Good day.

I have a Kobo-power bi setup which has been up and running successfully for over 2 years until recently when I started getting the error message below. I have been trying to resolve it, but, still to no avail.

Dear @Kal_Lam,

I am getting a bad gateway response when trying to access my data using the API URL.

This is the error message I am getting when trying to access the link to the JSON API on the web browser.

Hi @tomisin

Url to kobo has changed as 1th September, you need to edit your power bi link. replace the kobo.humanitarianresponse.info with eu.kobotoolbox.org, It will work perfectlt after

1 Like

Thank you so much @osmanburcu

The URL to kobo change was noted and I had edited the URL into the new one at a point, but the page was not found.

Every other thing with the old URL still working perfectly or you might just be redirected…

See the screenshot with the edit to the URL as suggested.

@tomisin, would you mind trying out this API instead?

https://kc-eu.kobotoolbox.org/api/v2/data

This should solve your issue!

1 Like

@Kal_Lam , I have tried using the specified URL. But still returning the same error message.

1 Like

@tomisin, may bad! Please use v2 instead of v1. Have also fixed it in my previous post!

I tried the same api/v1. It worked perfectly as Kal suggested

Thank you so much, team.

@Kal_Lam , I think the issue of not being able to access the data affects about two forms out of the many on that account. Even exporting data from the particular form has been challenging for about one month now, see screenshot below.

I have tried using v2, but, it keeps redirecting me to v1 within the URL once I click on enter.

@Kal_Lam , I think the issue of not being able to access the data affects about two forms out of the many on that account. Even exporting data from the particular form has been challenging for about one month now, see screenshot below.

@osmanburcu and @Kal_Lam

Thank you so much, team.

@Kal_Lam, I think the issue of not being able to access the data affects about two forms out of the many on that account. Even exporting data from the particular form has been challenging for about one month now, see screenshot below.

@tomisin As of September 1st, the URL for Kobo has changed. To update your Power BI link, replace “kc.humanitarianresponse.info” with “eu.kobotoolbox.org.” After making this change, your link should work perfectly.

Thank you so much, @timsimp .

I have tried using the link you shared, but, still didn’t work.

I guess the problem is just with the form as the other forms on that user account are still working. There hasn’t been any response from the Kobo collect team recently.

@stephanealoo and @Kal_Lam

Trust you are both doing great.

Has the support from the KoboCollect community ended?

Because we have not see you come through for some weeks now.

We care.