I am looking to ensure that the total number of responses for each question (Q1 to Q10) does not exceed or lower the total number of participants (both male and female combined) in the meeting

I am looking to ensure that the total number of responses for each question (Q1 to Q10) does not exceed or lower the total number of participants (both male and female combined) in the meeting. Regardless of whether participants select true or false for each question, the total number of responses should always match the total number of participants.

For instance, if there are 10 males and 10 females attending the meeting, the total number of participants is 20. So, for each question, the sum of the responses (true and false) should not go beyond 20. You want to implement a check to make sure that the response count stays consistent with the total number of participants.

Hi @ahtesham55,

You need to create a repeat group with set repeat count.

You can check the following help article: Grouping Questions and Repeating Groups — KoboToolbox documentation

1 Like

Dear Hekan through given link I could not able to understand can you please make me clarify by an example.

Please get attached to Excel file for your reference.

Hope this works for you .

Sample for sum and total constraint.xlsx (12.7 KB)

Regards,
Dinesh Dongol

1 Like

@Dnes, :clap: :heart: :partying_face:

Dear Kal and Dinesh, In my form the total value of true and false is calculated and displayed but I need to restrict that calculated value to the total number of participants. If anyone enters the true+false more or less than total number of participants then it should give error.

Thanks

Please check the sample excel file that I attached for your reference. It does not allow the total to exceed the number of male and female more or less than the total family size.

If you could attached the excel file, may be we could help you out more in details. But I assume the sample excel gives you the idea on how constraint works on total number of participants.

Regards,
Dinesh Dongol

1 Like

Thanks Dinesh it is working now

1 Like