I am unable yo fix this error "PCDATA invalid Char value 2"

error

I am unable yo fix this error “PCDATA invalid Char value 2”. I discovered that there were questions with no labels, I have deleted them but I am still unable to preview the form

Welcome to the community, @Wakisah! Validating your XLSForm through this online validator should help you identify syntax issues, if any present.

Online validator is not showing me any errors.

Welcome @Wakisah,
Did you check your form with the Online validator please… This is always recommended during development and before deployment.

1 Like

Hello,

I am trying to make a list of items in KoboToolbox with a cascading function but some parameters are not functioning as required. I have attached the screenshot for your use.

From the screenshot, what I want is when one selects Region, Zones from the Region selected should appear. Upon selecting Zone, District should appear and after selecting District, Health Facility from the selected district should appear. The problem I am facing is that the list of the Health Facilities is not showing when a District is selected. I have also attached the excel sheet that I was using.

Waiting to hear from you.

Kenneth Mwakhwawa
Nkhata Bay D.H.O
P.O.Box 4
Nkhata Bay
Cell: +265 999 369 888 / +265 888 444 345

Health Facilities Cascading.xlsx (10.3 KB)

@Wakisah, you should be able to create a cascading select question as outlined in this support article Adding Cascading Select Questions. These posts discussed previously should also help you share various workarounds.

Did you open the attachments I included with this email? Otherwise I’m not getting the desired response.

I have created the cascading select question as outlined in the support article but othe question options are not appearing when I try to view the form. What is the problem? Please help.

Kenneth Mwakhwawa
Nkhata Bay D.H.O
P.O.Box 4
Nkhata Bay
Cell: +265 999 369 888 / +265 888 444 345

@Wakisah, here are some workarounds on the cascading select question. The workaround should help you understand how a cascading select question should be designed.

This post discussed previously could also be helpful for you: