I have manged to log in to my account but unfortunately, I cant see any data stored here!

Dear Kalyan,

Thank you so much for your help. I have manged to log in to my account but unfortunately, I cant see any data stored here!

Is there any way to recover the data?

Thank you.

Best,

Rusaiyat

@rtanamu, could you confirm that it was the project that you created? If it was someone else who created the project but shared it with you and if he/she unshares the project with you, you would not be able to see it in your account.

@Kal_Lam, yes, I can assure you that the project was created by me and was used to collect answers from my participant!

@rtanamu, did you also know that there are two public servers for KoboToolbox? If you created a project on the Global server and tried to search for it in the EU server, you will not find it there. Maybe you must ensure that you have logged in to the correct server.

@Kal_Lam I have mentioned this already, I never had any account on the global server, the account I had was in kobo.humanitarianresponse.info, which recently changed to an EU server. Is it possible to recover the data?

@rtanamu, one final question. Do you only use your account or share your login credentials with someone else? Or is it that you have shared your login credentials with your enumerators for data collection?

@Kal_Lam I have not shared my credentials with anybody. I created the questionnaires using this platform and provided a link to the participants to answer the questions. They answered my questions using the link. Thank you for being so supportive so far. I would appreciate it if you could recover the data for me.

@Kal_Lam this is the link that I provided to the students and is still working. but the data is not showing in my account anymore. Enketo Express for KoboToolbox

@rtanamu, are you still able to make submissions to this survey form?

@Kal_Lam I am afraid, no, can’t save to generate data anymore!

@rtanamu, did you, by any chance (accidentally), delete the project from your server (which you say is missing from the server)?

@Kal_Lam No I don’t, there is no way I would hit a Delete button on my originally collected data. However, If you can’t help me recover them then I must say this is not reliable for data collection and I must discourage anybody who wants to use it in future. Thank you.

@rtanamu, would you mind sharing with me the following information through a private message so that I could have a closer look at your case:

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server

Note: You could share with me a private message as outlined in the post discussed previously:

@rtanamu, please let us know when you can see your project(s) on the server. Maybe that detail would also help us troubleshoot what went wrong with your account.