I have noticed that the images from one surveyor cannot be downloaded

Hi,

I have a follow-up question that might be related to this. In one survey, we are collecting images. We have a few surveyors using the same form to collect the data. I have noticed that the images from one surveyor cannot be downloaded. There is some problem in the file. In order to save those images, I have needed to open them (they open with no problem) and screenshot them.

I realize that the problem may be connected to the surveyor and his phone, however, I was wondering if it is possible that it has something to do with Kobo? As I mentioned, the images are clearly available on Kobo, as I can open them with no problem. However, when I save the file and try to open it, I get a message that the file is damaged.

Thanks,
Michale

@michaleg, could you kindly share with us a screenshot of your issue so that we could understand it pictorially?

I don’t really understand what kind of screenshot to share with you. I can open the images with no problem. However, when I download them, I get the following error. I know it is not a problem with my computer, because it only happens with a small sample set of all the images.

Thanks

Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 5.42.32 PM.png

Hi,

I wanted to follow up on this. Anything that you see might be a problem?

Thanks,
Michale

Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 5.42.32 PM.png

@michaleg, could you also let us know the server you are using?

kc.kobotoolbox.org

Thanks

@michaleg, did you take the picture from your device, or did you upload it as a file question type?

I’m not sure I understand the question. The question in the survey requires uploading an image.

The problem is that multiple surveyors are using the same survey, and I am only having difficulty downloading the images that were uploaded from one device

@michaleg, what I meant to know here was whether the enumerator clicked on the new image and then uploaded the same to the server (captured a new image from their device and then uploaded to the server via the survey form), or did they upload from the image that is already there in their device? I hope it’s much clearer now. Let me know if it’s still unclear.