I need cascade select with other specify option

Hello Kobo Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently working on an XLS form and am in need of some assistance. I have implemented a cascading selection process in my form, where users first select a region, followed by districts within that region, and then specific schools within the chosen district. However, I am encountering a challenge with the dynamic display of schools.

The issue arises when a particular school is not available in the predefined list. In such cases, I would like to provide users with the option to choose “Other” and manually input the school name. I have attempted to incorporate this functionality, but I’m facing difficulties in making it work seamlessly.

If any members of the Kobo community have experience with similar setups or have expertise in XLS form design, I would greatly appreciate your guidance. Specifically, I am looking for assistance in ensuring that when the “Other” option is selected, a text entry field is dynamically displayed, allowing the user to input the school name.

I have attached the relevant section of my XLS form for your reference. Your insights and suggestions would be invaluable in resolving this matter. Please feel free to provide any feedback or corrections you think may be necessary.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. I am eager to learn from the expertise within the Kobo community and overcome this challenge together.

Best regards,
SAT File for KOBO (help file).xlsx (36.8 KB)

@Kal_Lam

@Khayre, this post discussed previously should help you solve your issue: