I would like to know how to automatically count the responses of a form as the respondent selects the answers

Also I would like to know how to automatically count the responses of a form as the respondent selects the answers.

Example: If I have questions that return answers like Compliant and Non-Compliant, at the end I would like to know how many Compliant he selected directly. Is there a type of question that counts this? Thanks.

To calculate compliance, there is no specific counter question but you can make use of the calculation question type to do this. I will also provide you with two options, a quick method and a longer route.

OPTION 1

Since you have:

• compliant
  • non-compliant

as your answer options, in your choices sheet, you can store the value for compliant=1 and for non-compliant=0 as this will be easy to have a calculate question that just adds up all the questions and gets the total of this.

OPTION 2 (but longer)
After each question, you have a calculate question that calculates on a condition that compliant is selected. This calculation expression can look like so:

if(${previous_question_namet} = 'compliant', 1, 0)

This will place the value of 1 to that calculation question and then at the end, you can have a final calculate field that sums them all up.

:slightly_smiling_face: Many ways to kill a bird, I hope this helps you move forward.

1 Like

@surveyorjr, :bowing_man:

Thank you @surveyorjr will try it

1 Like