Import failed with select one from external

Hi @Kal_Lam, Is there any option to use select one external in KoboCollect?

@fsimon23, please be informed that the select_one_from_file or the select_multiple_from_file is now also supported with Collect android app.

Dear @Kal_Lam, it’s not working when using external file. I’m not able to retrieve the external file.

Now, I tried to divide the choices list into different region wise database having 40000 choices list approx in each database. But I get this error as "Import Failed!
Name: Govt Schemes_East.xlsx
ValueError: row index was 65536, not allowed by .xls format"

When I test the same document in ODK Online, there is no error. Please help. Need to submit it by today.

Dear @Kal_Lam , I’m getting this error whenever I use select_one_external file.csv

Please provide support. Don’t know how to resolve this.

@fsimon23, have you used these sample files shared previously?

@Kal_Lam , I have tried using it but it is not of help.

Did it not load?

It is loading but I’m not able to retrieve the data in KoboCollect app. It say itemsets.csv is missing.

1 Like

You will need to deploy the survey project once you have uploaded the CSV file. That should solve the issue.

After uploading the xlsform, I deploy it. After I upload the csv file, again I deployed it. Still not working.

Which server are you using?

https://kc.humanitarianresponse.info/

Yes, I tested this with the same server (just now) and I could collect the data with my Collect android app without any issue.

Which version of the Collect android app are you using?

Version is v.1.30.1

Yes, that the same version (KoBoCollect v1.30.1) I am also using. Didn’t have any issue there. Try using the same sample files (the one I shared in the post) in a different device to see if it’s OK there.

Thank you so much @Kal_Lam for your consistent support. I had to give the same choices whatever I had given in the external file in ‘external_choices’ sheet and I had to rename the sheet as ‘itemsets’ for the csv file.

That is amazing. Now, I can start preparing for the other regions. Thank you so much. I’ve been trying for a solution for almost a month now.

Best regards,
fsimon23

1 Like

Glad to know that you were finally able to get through it.

1 Like

Hi,
I’m getting a new error. It says,
your form cannot be deployed because it contains errors:

duplicate key value violates unique constraint “logger_xform_user_id_45289a11b89d131b_uniq” DETAIL: Key (user_id, id_string)=(197398, aujT8iW4QaeoyN7ZooepCd) already exists.

Please help.

@fsimon23, did you get this when trying with my sample file? Maybe you will need to play with the sample file first to get used to with the design and then implement it with your requirement.

No @Kal_Lam . I tried using my file only and this error occurs since two or more databases have the same CSV file name though the content is different. However, I could resolve it when I deleted it, and uploaded again.

1 Like