Impossible to save some questions in the library

Hello, I am currently using KoboToolBox in the context of the impact evaluation of a program, and I am wondering why I cannot save in the library some of the questions I have written in a form. Here is a picture of my screen.

It is a bit frustrating because these questions include long list of answers, quite annoying to write.

Furthermore, I also met a problem when I duplicated those questions. Indeed, when i duplicated the question more than two times I could not access anymore to the parameters of my question. Which was problematic because all these questions included different skip logic. When I left clicked to get access to the parameters, my screen was locked. I just did not understand why I could not get this access.

If someone has any answers, it would be great,
Thanks by advance,
Anatole

Hi @anatolebsf,

Welcome to the community! Please see the step by step support guide on how to use the Question Library.

1 Like

Hi Kal, thanks !

But there is still something strange here, I can’t save my question in the Library. As you can see on the picture I sent in my previous message, the icon dedicated to this task is not present for my questions. I even wrote this question in my library and then tried to import it in my form from the library to understand what happened and I got that :

But that is okay, I downloaded my form in XLS and if i have to use this type of question again, I will use the XLS file.
The step by step guide does not help much with this problem to be perfectly honest.

best regards

1 Like

Hi @anatolebsf,

Would you also mind using some other browsers such as Chrome, Firefox etc. Those browsers should be more handy!

thanks for your answers, really appreciate it
I have tried Firefox and Chrome, but I have the same problem on both browsers. Maybe it is linked to the skip logic I use or the number of answers, I don’t know.
But not a big deal to be honest, as it works when I download it in XLS

1 Like

If you have any clue on why I could not change the parameters of the second copy of the question, it would be great to give my colleagues feedback on the use of Kobotool Box.

The reason I am asking those questions is that I will have to produce a document in French on my experience on KoboToolBox for my fellow colleagues. Could help me but also them in the future if I get some information on this kind of problems

1 Like

Aah! Seems like a syntax error. Would you mind downloading your survey forms in xlsform and then validate it in https://opendatakit.org/xlsform/

You should be able to trace down the error! GOOD LUCK!

Thank you very much, it seems to be the problem !
Great tool to understand in details how the xls syntax works.
Will help for the future

1 Like