Impossible to upload a photo

I have come not upload a picture in my form

when I attached the file I see nothing display

thank you beforehand

Hi Arnaud,

Could you provide some further details please?

• Are you using KoBoCollect or Enketo web forms to collect data?

• When you attach the photo, what exactly do you see?

• Are there any error messages?

• Please add a screenshot or photo of what is displayed on your screen after you add a photo

Best,

Tino

···

On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 7:09 AM, arnau...@noowe.net wrote:

thank you beforehand

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi tino

I would like to tell you that i solved my problem with the picture question that has arrived just upload it was the browser that appropriate was. I use Chrome and it works well now I want to ask you if I want to upload files other than photos, video and music such as (.doc , .txt , etc. )

thank you beforehand

···

Le dimanche 10 janvier 2016 12:09:43 UTC, arna...@noowe.net a écrit :

thank you beforehand

Hi Arnaud,
Submitting files other than video, images, or sound recordings is not yet possible though KoBoToolbox. We may add this as a feature in the future, though.

Tino

···

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 4:10 PM, arnau...@noowe.net wrote:

Hi tino

I would like to tell you that i solved my problem with the picture question that has arrived just upload it was the browser that appropriate was. I use Chrome and it works well now I want to ask you if I want to upload files other than photos, video and music such as (.doc , .txt , etc. )

thank you beforehand

Le dimanche 10 janvier 2016 12:09:43 UTC, arna...@noowe.net a écrit :

thank you beforehand

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hello Dear,

I have a problem, could you tell me if i already upload picture in form already and i want to know which the picture match which one of questionnaire in data what can i do?

Hi @Ah_ly,

Would like to show you images below which demonstrate on how to keep track of the questions that you have built in your xlsform and the image that you have uploaded for the corresponding question (so that it does not get mismatched):

Image 1: (question setting in the survey tab, where the question has an image)
Image%201
For this type of question, it’s easy when you name the media::image file that you upload with the same name (i.e. man.jpg) as provided under the name (i.e. man) as outlined by the red box in the image above.

Image 2: (question setting in the survey tab, where the response to a question has an image)
Image%202
For this type of question you will not need to specify anything in the survey tab of the xlsform. You will need to work on at the choices tab of the xlsform as shown in the image below (Image 3).

Image 3: (response setting in the choices tab, where the response to a question has an image)

For this type of question you will need to be careful with the variable name and what to select as provided in image 2 (which is birds). As shown in image 3 you should provide the image name of the birds corresponding to the name of the birds as shown in name/label e.g. for eagle the image name should be eagle.png and so on.

Last but not the least do not forget to upload all the images as shown in the image below (SETTINGS>Media>Add Document)

Dear

I need you help, I have been deployed the form already but i have something to changing so after i replace form and redeployed i can’t not shoe the report of data because it unlabeled. My questions is how can i show report data in kobo.

Thanks,

Lily

Hi @Ah_ly,

Could you show us your issue with a screenshot. That would help us understand the issue much better.

Hi all,

I have deployed KoBo toolbox on AWS Docker but I am having an issue with uploads. I can get all functionalities except one. Users are sending images but the images are not getting to the server online. The image names are in the correct cells of the Excel Data download. However, I can get the videos sent from the same questionaire and gadgets. What am I missing?

Hi

I highly suspect that this has to do with your server’s permissions on size of uploads or something. It would be good to clarify the following:

1. Is this the first time you are seeing this problem?
  2. Has this ever occured in previous projects?
  3. Have you tried this on our servers and see that there is an issue?

Regards
Stephane

1. Is this the first time you are seeing this problem?
    It is my first time deploying my own instance.
  2. Has this ever occurred in previous projects?
    Answered above
  3. Have you tried this on our servers and see that there is an issue?
    Everything works very very well on the public KoBo Servers.(kobotoolbox.org)

Hi @Uwanja
I do hope you are fine. This has to do with your servers. You may have to check what the systems settings are. for now because I suspect that is what could be the issue

Regards
Stephane