In Multiple Page Layout not able to see images

Description

When creating a form with multiple pages we find that we are not able to see the images that appeared when not on multiple pages setup.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Set Form Style to "Multiple Pages`
  2. Deploy
  3. Open Online-Offline (Multiple Submission) link.

Expected behavior

We expected that just like a single page layout it would show images and videos.

Actual behavior

No Images or Videos appear

Welcome back to the community, @knoxjohnny! Kindly please be informed that I just made a check (with the settings you provided), and it worked perfectly at my end. Would you mind sharing the screenshot of your xlsform that holds the image name and a screenshot from the SETTINGS>Media? Maybe we should be able to identify your issue by looking at the screenshots.

Thanks so much. I went to post multiple screenshots, but was not able to since I can only post one at a time. So I made a Loom video:

Our settings page is set to style = pages

The XLS form is quite complex.

Strangely the XLS I upload to KoboToolbox has headers for media::image and media::video but the XLS file downloaded back from KoboToolbox does not have that.

Also after I upload the original file I don’t see a multiple page setup, so I have to go into the editor and switch to Multiple Page Layout.

Also to confirm I also have uploaded the media files into the media folder.

Images were showing before, but now they don’t show anymore even in one-page mode.

1 Like

Also, it may be worth noting that I have been using Kobo for several years and am fairly familiar.

1 Like

@knoxjohnny, could you share with me the following through a private message so that I could have a closer look at it:

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server

@Kal_Lam I’ve been looking multiple ways, but I can’t seem to find a way to direct message you. It may be because I am a new user of the community. I know I had been active in the community several years ago, but I can’t seem to figure out which account that was so I had to create this new account. Is it possible for you to message me first so I can reply? If so I can send you the files and information, but I can’t post it here in the open channel.

Hi @knoxjohnny
Welcome to the community. Kindly have a look at the following discussion to send a private message.

Stephane

@knoxjohnny, as a cross check could you shorten your image name from husbandandwifeholdingpaper.jpeg to say image1.jpeg and so on. Fix this change in both the xlsform as well as the SETTINGS>Media. This should solve your issue. Feel free to reach us back if the issue still persists.

Note: My suggestions here would be to use a short and simple image name.

1 Like

Hey, Thanks so much @Kal_Lam . Is there an image length limit? Is it 8 characters? 16 characters? Just want to make sure I make t clear for my team in the future.

Thanks, yes I now know how to send a private messages.

@knoxjohnny, did reducing your image name solve your issue?

We updated to shorter names. We now can display images on Single Page, but not on multiple-page layout… I will send you updated XLS in a private message.

1 Like

Hi @knoxjohnny
You can send the XLS form we look at it.
Stephane

1 Like

@knoxjohnny, could you show us a screenshot of which image is not showing in a multiple page layout while the same is showing without any issue in a single page? This should help us look into your issue directly without having to scan to all the questions.

@knoxjohnny, could you share with us a screenshot of the issue on where (and which images does not load at your end) you are not able to see the images? I checked into your project and I could see some small images but really don’t know which one you are referring to. Maybe if you pinpoint, we shall be able to have a closer look at the same.

@knoxjohnny, sorry to get back late with this issue. Has the issue been resolved?